Friday, August 9, 2013

Brrrrrrrthday

Yesterday our Roxi girl turned 2.  This is what the plan was: 



I left for foodland at 3:20pm the day of with both kids to get the ice cream. Bday girl's dad had been down and out with the flu the past 48 hours. Like seriously dead to to the world. the bigger they are the harder they fall. So solo I went! I instantly hit the ice cream isle and wanted to over do it all, but quickly cut myself off. I didn't want to even try and make it a to die for pretty pinterest party and disappoint myself. Ice cream, cones, whip cream, sprinkles and a cherry on top. 

Came home, threw a sheet on the folding table and this is the party we got. My two year old and all her friends couldn't have been more entertained. 







I wanted the day to be simple and enjoyable for everyone.  Birthday girl didn't wear anything special making her stand out in fact she was in closest thing acceptable to her birthday suit. The neighborhood kids were bringing her gifts all day from inside their houses and wrapping them in whatever they could find. It was awesome to see them give and make her feel special... she was stoked.  

Roxi's best friend is a little boy across the street she named "Badu".  When we were up in the morning out playing he was jumping up in down in the window of his apartment with his gift ready to give to Roxi, it was adorable. Then his door opened and he BOLTED out to give her a present, then ran back in and came back out with a little birthday cake.  What a way to start the day! We have amazing friends here.  
The party was messy, yummy and I even had fun.  A bunch of her friends played outside with whatever gifts she pulled out of their bags and ate a few melted ice cream cones. 

In my family growing up our tradition was that our gifts were hidden somewhere in the living room and we had to find them because well our birthday comes every year whether we earned it or not. What I plan on implementing in our family is that in order to get your gifts each kid has to give me something or service because HELLO! I BROUGHT YOU HERE! =) 

Anywho we love our Roxi Girl and all of her attiTWOed.  Happy Birthday! One good thing about each new day is it's one step closer to being THREE (my dad told me that). 

Yes these were the best pictures we got.  I am completely satisfied with how it all went down and so was miss Roxi.  That's an accomplishment. Thank you for everyone who helped make her day so special! We love you!

Next year:  popsicles



1 comment:

  1. I love this. I tried to make an amazing birthday party for Emma this year, with ideas from pinterest. Guess what? It didn't go down as planned and I was disappointed. I think it was still a good time for people and they didn't know that it didn't turn out the way I planned, but yeah. Next time I'm going the simple route like you :)

    ReplyDelete